Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wow.

So when I still had my iPod, I downloaded a lot of music off of Limewire. I loved that thing. It was how I discovered new artists and kept track of those that I already liked.
Anywho, I would listen to my entire System of a Down playlist every single day. I knew all of the songs. The slower ones bored me, of course, but they were still equally appreciated because of by whom it was performed.

Then my iPod went missing
And music would fade from my life for a few months...

One day when I was driving to Vector, I turned on the radio and heard a song that I really liked. It was called "Love Me Dead," but I had absolutely NO idea who sang it. I would forget about it by the end of the drive, and it wouldn't bother me anymore.
But it was difficult to forget this particular song, since I would hear it EVERY SINGLE TIME I drove.
So one day, I decide to look up the song on YouTube and stumbled upon the official music video by Ludo. I've been a fan ever since then. I purchased their newest album and friended them on MySpace. haha. I introduced them to several friends, who thought they were weird, but good. Which is awesome. Because it's true.

I watched theludotoothbrushthing, which I enjoyed. Especially Andrew's video. I love that man. He's so goofy, yet refined. And that voice...

Anywho, I even joined the Lu-Dojo. I am currently at the grasshopper level. That's fun.
I've actually purchased a ticket to the show at which they'll be playing at the Knitting Factory here in New York. The great thing is that it only cost me about $15 and it's only a few block south of here. And, This Providence is also playing, which is great, because my roommate loves them and we're both going. I think a few of her friends are going as well, which is great, because I don't know that many people out here yet. Not any that I'm really friends with, besides Kate, but she's always so busy with her Ed Theatre classes, that I hardly ever get to see her.
It's sad, really, since we have so much in common.

Anyway, my point is that I have fallen in love with Andrew Volpe. I am sooo going to stand right in front of him at the show. =]

So yeah. I decided to check out the other videos that they have recorded. "Hum Along" is good, but I really like "Good Will Hunting By Myself." The best part is his rant that goes to the last chorus of the song and the completely random on-camera interactions are a close second.

So I ordered their self-titled album as well as their EP, Broken Bride. I've decided that I prefer the latter, and that it is actually their best work, in my not-so-humble opinion.
My favorite track is "Pt. III: The Lamb and the Dragon." It is just chock full of awesomeness, and would be oober fun to play on Guitar Hero. =]

I hope it's included in the game sometime soon. That would be great.

I'm actually listening to the track at this very moment and it makes me very happy. =]

I can't wait to see them!

I ♥ Andrew.



No comments: